Wow! I am the mother of a 9 month old. I've given an update recently, but as always, I will recap for his birthday.
- Ben definitely has a mind of his own these days. He moves, grabs, reacts, protests, etc. with obvious intent. It's fun to start to see things that he likes and dislikes, things that make him laugh and (although we don't try to do it on purpose) things that scare him.
- Ben has 4 teeth! If you click on this first picture to see it bigger...I think you may be able to see all 4.
- In the last few days, he's finally started to babble/sing a little bit. This gives us a little relief from his screeching - which was his favorite way to communicate previously.
- He can sit on his own, get up and down from the seated position on his own, roll, army crawl and stand supported. He still has yet to get up on all fours and do an actual crawl. However, he's getting around pretty well in his own way.
- He's still not really eating too much food. He does seem to like Cheerios and watermelon. Those may be the only things he can successfully get his mouth himself.
- He got sick for the first time a few weeks ago and we all survived.
- Lastly, just putting it in here so we don't forget that he did it....he has started this really strange tongue thrust thing where he puts his tongue down and to the right in his mouth. I guess it's just him experimenting.
Anyway, happy 9 months Benny! We love you more than we can express in words and we are thankful every day for you. XOXOX
If you notice, the focus is a little off of the camera...Nick took the pictures this time and I was trying to get him to laugh. :)
Ben's favorite play toy came to visit during our photo shoot.
Umm....Wally gets a strange reaction these days. It's funny how his opinion of the doll changes each month.
One of these things is not like the others....