Thursday, March 29, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
I had a really hard time getting a 9 month picture of Lincoln today. He would not sit still so I had to call back up over to help me. On my second try, this is the best I could get!
Time flies. I can't believe Lincoln is 3/4 of a year. 9 months seems so close to turning 1!! We do have some new things to report this month...
- Lincoln is still moving around with ease. He's cruising a lot and stands up with only one hand support himself (and sometimes it's not on something very stable). In fact, he's happiest when he's standing.
- He has one tooth! I swear, I felt it right when it popped through his gum. He was especially fussy about a week ago so I started feeling in his mouth daily and then he popped through last Friday. Waiting on the next one...it shouldn't be too far behind.
- Lincoln has STARTED to wave, clap and kiss. I would say he doesn't really do any of them on demand consistently, but he is clapping often (especially in the high chair), he waves occasionally and it's even accompanied by a little sound that actually sounds like "bye bye" (possibly a coincidence?), and he seems to focus and attack me with open mouth kisses all over my face when I'm putting him to bed at night....so you decide if that's an actual kiss or not. All of these things probably mean that he will be actually DOING them (by request) by 10 months.
- I'll probably jinx it, but since I mentioned it last month, I'll update: Lincoln has been sleeping through the night consistently! Yea!! We are all a lot happier getting full nights of sleep! In fact, bedtime at our house has been rather enjoyable lately (read through the lines here that Ben is going to bed well too). There are two smiling parents come 7:45 PM in our house!
- Lincoln continues to babble. Previously, his babbling was rather low pitched. Now, it's an extremely high pitched, almost sing-song. So cute!
- Lincoln continues to be a very good natured and happy baby. With his good eating, good sleeping, and happy disposition....I'd have another baby now if I could guarantee they'd be as sweet as he is! Well, I better not leave that statement there without a caveat as Nick will call me out on it and want another baby asap. :) After a little more time to enjoy my fulls nights of sleep....I'd like another baby just like Lincoln. (and Ben...he was a sweet baby too! We have been very blessed.)
Ok, I'm getting brave staying up to get this post out and writing about good sleeping. I seem to have bad luck whenever I comment on something going well....I must get to bed to enjoy another day tomorrow with my boys. Happy 9 months Linky Dink! We love you! XOXO
Posted by Kristin at 10:38 PM
The last few times the boys have gotten out the pop-up train, I have noticed this is the first toy they have actually played together with. I love watching them and listening to them giggle as they crawl around and knock over the tain. I tried to take a video, but I couldn't capture the fun they were having as well as it was in person. So cute!
Posted by Kristin at 10:19 PM
Monday, March 26, 2012
Today, Bern and I got our boys together to play. We had a lot of time to catch up in between the craziness of the kids. As always, it was so fun to get together!
The little boys..
All the boys...
(Michael disappeared after he saw the camera :))
The big boys...
Katie....seriously, we need to figure out how to get a play date with all five of them! :)
Posted by Kristin at 4:17 PM
Thursday, March 15, 2012
One of Lincoln's favorite toys and typical hand positions.
A morning special....a singing concert (with a little dancing!)
Homemade pizza for dinner.
Lauren and Jen came up for the night to babysit so Nick and I could go to dinner and a movie (at the theater)!
We decided not to tell Ben that Lauren and Jen were coming up. He was playing outside when they drove up and stared at them for a few minutes, very confused, then announced that it wasn't Easter yet (when he knows they were coming to visit next). Within a few minutes he was literally screaming with excitement! :)
Posted by Kristin at 9:10 PM