|Ben Meets Carl|
Monday, December 29, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
- Our first non-family visitors at home arrived. The Sellery's drove all the way from Virginia for just a couple hour visit, which was incredibly nice. It was good to see them and they were so excited for the new Grandparents, the new parents and the new family member (the future president of the US, per Mr. Sellery)
- Mom and Dad attempted to give Benjamin his first 'bath', which consisted of a quick wipe down with a wet, a soapy and a dry face towel (we need to wait on his cord falling off before the real bath). He wasn't a huge fan, but he'll get more used to it as Mom and Dad figure it out more as well.
- Benjamin had his first doctor's appointment this AM. He passed all checkpoints with flying colors, including his weight, which is already back up to 9lbs 1oz (reminder: he was 9lbs at birth)
- He tried out his swing for the first time and seemed to enjoy it quite a bit (he's asleep in it as I type this).
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
|Day 5 in the life of Ben|
Monday, December 22, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
|Day 3 in the life of Ben|
Friday, December 19, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
At my appointment today, the doctor told me that I'm 1 cm dilated. This could mean the baby still won't be here for a couple of weeks, but it's definitely exciting to know that the process is starting! We will update if anything changes between now and our ultrasound a week from tomorrow.
Also, we are taking boy/girl votes! :) Let us know what you think.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Things are progressing pretty nicely in the Kray household. A couple of highlights from the past two weeks:
- Kris' other 'moms' threw her a wonderful shower in VA. It was a great time and we got some really nice gifts that we're excited to use with the new baby.
- We had our Child/Infant CPR class, which was what you'd expect...nothing to exciting, but we now feel prepared in the very unlikely event we'll need to use the skill.
- Kris' good friend Colleen threw her a surprise shower with all of her local friends, which was the first of her showers to be a surprise. Rumor has it, she was very surprised. She loved seeing everyone and eating her favorite ice cream cake.
- We had another ultrasound (see above) to see how the baby is progressing. It's already at 7.2lbs, which is big but still in an OK range, per the doctor. Dad thinks it's good because it will be more durable upon entry to the world. Mom likes it because it justifies some of her size. The pic above totally looks just like Dad.....this is one lucky kid.
- We graduated from our child birth prep class, which may make you think that we're ready....not sure we really feel like that, but I guess there's no turning back now...
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
- Kris has been feeling great recently!
- We ordered our furniture for the nursery today, which means that I officially have 6-8 weeks to clear out my office, clean pant and get ready for its delivery. Which leads to...
- We started cleaning out the closets in the house today to make room for all the baby stuff...this is NOT a fun task, but results in significant amounts of stuff that we don't need being thrown away, so I support the effort.
- We visited Carlo Quinto (a possible nickname for CJHV, see below) and he's doing very well at 11 days old and Mom and Dad seem to be doing well as well.
- Tater has been kicking up a storm recently. Luckily it's normally at bedtime so Dad can actually feel it. Perhaps not so luckily for Mom, but she doesn't seem to mind it yet.
- Name list is holding steady at 3 each.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Our little one has its first cousin.
Kara and Carl (my sister and brother-in-law) welcomed Carl John Heyne V to the world today at 5:56 AM. He weighed a substantial 7lbs. 7ozs. and towered above his peers in the nursery at 20 3/4 in. Both Mom and Baby are doing great. Dad's doing well too.
We're visiting him now and he's super cute. Pictures to be posted soon.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
- Kris went a whooping 25 days without getting sick in the morning (the streak was recently broken with a little slip up the other day, but we're blaming it on a rough elevator ride. She does work on the 33rd floor).
- Her 14 day cold is finally on its way out (the fun just keeps on coming).
- She's started to be able to feel the baby (as noted below), but I haven't had the excitement yet.
- We've just about completed the research we need to do for our baby furniture and main baby needs (stroller, car seat, etc.).
- We narrowed down our name list to a small selection for each gender and NO we are not telling.
- I'm thinking about investing some money in Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Kreme for the baby's college fund seeing we're currently keeping them in business, or at least Kris is.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Following that, we went to the ob/gyn for kris' check-up....everything is looking good. Kris is up 7 pounds total, doctor thought that was good. Baby weighs 12 ounces and has a 148 bpm heartbeat. Another new stat is the doctor has our due date in all the paperwork as 12/25, not the 12/27 we thought after our dating ultrasound. I look at this as a good thing, seeing only 4% of babies are born on their due dates. Either way, we're going to have an awesome Christmas this year.
We've posted an album on Picasa, including our 'clay baby' pictures (a.k.a. 3D sonogram). Click on the pic below to check them out.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
Highlights from the recent past:
- Baby is approximately the size of turnip (5 inches or so)
- Kris' baby name list had shrunk to 3 names per gender, but following a long car ride is up over 15 per...with names like Macy Kray, Marvin Kray, David Kray, Meredith Kray and Rudy Kray
- Morning sickness has decreased to once/twice a week, as opposed to daily or more (keeping our fingers crossed)
- This lady keeps calling from the hospital saying, "I'm calling Kristin for some GRRRRREEAAATTT news" in a creepy, excited voice, but then she won't tell me what the news is (our testing has all come back very positive apparently)
We'll have some more updates following our 20 week ultrasound (8/5)....unless of course something that just can't wait comes up.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
This one is from the 12 week ultrasound (6/23):
Hope you enjoy!
Love, Nick and Kristin