Saturday, August 30, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Our little one has its first cousin.
Kara and Carl (my sister and brother-in-law) welcomed Carl John Heyne V to the world today at 5:56 AM. He weighed a substantial 7lbs. 7ozs. and towered above his peers in the nursery at 20 3/4 in. Both Mom and Baby are doing great. Dad's doing well too.
We're visiting him now and he's super cute. Pictures to be posted soon.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
- Kris went a whooping 25 days without getting sick in the morning (the streak was recently broken with a little slip up the other day, but we're blaming it on a rough elevator ride. She does work on the 33rd floor).
- Her 14 day cold is finally on its way out (the fun just keeps on coming).
- She's started to be able to feel the baby (as noted below), but I haven't had the excitement yet.
- We've just about completed the research we need to do for our baby furniture and main baby needs (stroller, car seat, etc.).
- We narrowed down our name list to a small selection for each gender and NO we are not telling.
- I'm thinking about investing some money in Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Kreme for the baby's college fund seeing we're currently keeping them in business, or at least Kris is.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Following that, we went to the ob/gyn for kris' check-up....everything is looking good. Kris is up 7 pounds total, doctor thought that was good. Baby weighs 12 ounces and has a 148 bpm heartbeat. Another new stat is the doctor has our due date in all the paperwork as 12/25, not the 12/27 we thought after our dating ultrasound. I look at this as a good thing, seeing only 4% of babies are born on their due dates. Either way, we're going to have an awesome Christmas this year.
We've posted an album on Picasa, including our 'clay baby' pictures (a.k.a. 3D sonogram). Click on the pic below to check them out.