Ben and I were finally getting the hang of our Bethesda life when a cold jumped out of nowhere and attacked us both! Ben is handling his cold well with squeals, giggles, waves and clapping. We hope to be feeling better soon....apologies for the lack of pictures.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Posted by Kristin at 1:06 PM 2 comments:
13 months old!
This week, Ben turned 13 months old. Here's a little update on what's going on with him:
- He's babbling a lot more and making all sorts of sounds....stringing them together. He has a conversation with us, himself, or the telephone that makes absolutely no sense. He still isn't saying any actual words at all, but his sounds are very cute! He is liking the "z" sound a lot.
- As we've mentioned on here, since his 1 year birthday, he's learned to clap, point and do "so big." He's also developed a love for light switches (maybe because they are a different kind here than we have at home?) and opening/closing doors.
- He still loves musical instruments of all kinds, but his favorite "toy" is anything with buttons (e.g., the car key, remote, phone, cell phone, computer, etc). I suppose he always loved these, but with his sounds and his pointing, he's VERY obvious about it now.
- He is still pulling up, cruising, and crawling and not showing too much interest in walking yet - still thankful for that!
- Still only 7 teeth....should we be worried that the 8th tooth isn't coming? Ha!
Every month, Ben learns new things and we learn more about his little personality. Love you Ben!!
These are some cell phone pictures from the last week or so...
We tried a new class in DC and they had a ball pit. We didn't do too much else since Ben was fascinated!
As mentioned in a previous post, we were home for a night for Gavin's birthday party. Ben was so happy to see his table again.
Posted by Kristin at 12:31 PM No comments:
Fun at the Playseum
Yesterday, we went to the Playseum with my mom, Jen and Jack. The Playseum is an awesome place made just for kids. Ben LOVED it!
Ben checking out a bunny.
His new love and potential first word.....banana! Ben has started to say "nanana" and we are just trying to show him that he's actually saying something. Still no connection.
Posted by Kristin at 12:11 PM 1 comment:
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Some recent pictures
Posted by Kristin at 9:35 PM 3 comments:
Monday, January 18, 2010
New Baby Alert!
Congratulations to Maureen, Jeff and Sean! Welcome to baby Ryan born today!
Posted by Kristin at 9:20 PM No comments:
Celebrating Gavin's Birthday
Having lunch together. Ben was telling a huge story with a lot of excitement. Gavin was listening intently.
Ben was very excited to see his friend, Madalyn at the party. He was showing her his favorite instrument, the MARACAS!
After a VERY messy dinner tonight, his shirt was stripped off and his hair was formed into a new do.
Posted by Kristin at 9:00 PM No comments:
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Playing in the apartment
Posted by Kristin at 3:44 PM 2 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)