Ben loved waking up his Aunts at 7:30 AM every day! (I'm sure they are happy to be home and able to sleep in a little later.)
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Only one month away from Ben's BIRTHDAY! Amazing. He is growing into such a little boy rather than a baby and I love watching him grow and learn things. Here is the update to let you know what our little 11 month old is doing:
- He is definitely not doing the silent talking as much....but not really talking any more than before. Maybe next month!
- His 7th tooth popped out the other day.
- He is crawling really fast and has become an expert at escaping from me during diaper changes.
- "Cruising" all around and has totally mastered moving from one piece of furniture to the next.
- Loves to walk around holding hands and has stood for a few seconds on his own.
- Recognizes and reacts to a few words/questions.
- Continues to get little bumps and bruises (including one very sad black eye) on a daily basis.
- Sleeping wonderfully at night and usually well during the day. Every time he skips a nap, I wonder if he's switching to 1 nap a day. I don't think he's ready for that yet though.
- Eating well.....but the spitting is driving me crazy!
I still can't believe it's been almost 1 year. Love you Benny!!
Ok, so it's getting more and more difficult to get a picture of Ben sitting still.
Finally, a good one. Please excuse the water spillage on his shirt. He has definitely not mastered any of the sippy cups we've tried.
And then he escaped. Escaping, usually includes a quick crawl away and then he stops, looks back to make sure I'm watching, giggles, and continues to crawl away. It's cute if he's not bare bottomed. :)
Posted by Kristin at 9:10 PM
Monday, November 16, 2009
Saturday was Ben's friend Brenna's birthday party.
Trying out the walking thing.
Posted by Kristin at 2:53 PM
Friday, November 13, 2009
Bern and Michael came for a visit today! The boys played and had lunch and the Mommies (and former roomies) chatted and wondered why they don't see each other more often. LOVED seeing you today, Bern!! Thank you for coming over.
This is how Ben goes down the stair on his own. His methods are probably not going to work so well down a full flight of stairs.
Shiner update: I can see a little green. That means it's starting to heal, right?
Posted by Kristin at 10:21 PM
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Ben woke up this morning to a surprise! Grandma and Auntie Lauren came up for the day and we went to the Little Treehouse with Gavin and his Mommy. He had a great time and was soooo good at playing with all the toys and eating his lunch. Please ignore the eye. :(
Posted by Kristin at 6:47 PM
So I can't hide it, so I might as well explain it.
Ben was playing last night. Full of laughter and "chasing" me with the camera all over the place.
And then BOOM! He hit his face on the base of the rocking chair in his room. The black eye was faint last night and has darkened up today. Poor guy. However, he doesn't seem to mind at all. In fact, the attempt to put ice on it bothered him a lot more than the actual injury.
Posted by Kristin at 4:04 PM